Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Entrance Band to blow minds, speakers in February


The spectacular Entrance Band will be performing a series of three shows at Silverlake Lounge in February! Although in this case, it won't be so much a show as a public mind-altering session on a mass scale. LA Weekly explains why February 7th, 14th and 21st should be ritualistically engraved into your calendar right now:

“[Entrance] are thoroughly guns-blazing, balls-out rock n' roll. How such a full-throttle wailing voice can come out of such a slim young man is a mystery, but the ferocity with which Guy Blakeslee ripped into songs managed to get me head-banging unconsciously — I didn't realize what I was doing until I hit the guy behind me.This group is now going to be the beacon of hope I firmly point to whenever I hear a naysayer mention there's nothing really impressive these days.”



The beacon of good taste known as LA Record will be co-presenting these shows. In their infinite wisdom, they already featured The Entrance Band on their cover a while back. You can read the excellent interview in its entirety here.

To recap, the dates are February 7th, 14th and 21st. These shows will likely sell out, so best get on that immediately. Advance tickets are available at InTicketing.

No comments: